During my birthday, a friend of mine tried to teach me how to drink fire. He went over to the bar and ordered a giant glass of Sambuca.
"Watch this," he said.
He drank a mouthful of the Sambuca. But before he swallowed it, he swished it around the inside of his mouth for several seconds. He then got his finger and dipped it into the cup of Sambuca. He took his finger out of the cup and held it over a candle where it instantly became covered with a blue flame. Then he quickly stuck it in his mouth, keeping it open, and tilted his head back. His mouth briefly became a cauldron of indigo fire before he shut his lips.
"Now it's your turn."
Handing my camera to my girlfriend, I poured the Sambuca into my mouth and swirled it around with my tongue. It kinda tasted like Goldschlager, not a good thing. Eyeing me, the bartender filled a cup with water and stood there in case I set my face on fire. I was already drunk by this point, you see, and drunk people are generally advised to not mess with certain things like hydrochloric acid, wounded badgers, and fire.
I stuck my finger in the glass of Sambuca. Next came the candle. Ploof. I held the burning finger in front of my face. Blue flame was fucking emanating from my fingertip. Mesmerizing. It's like I was the Human Torch.
At this point I experienced an unpleasant sensation that I eventually identified as pain. Oh yeah, my finger was covered with fire. I quickly stuck it in my mouth, but in my haste I poked my teeth instead, so nothing happened. No blue volcano mouth. All that for nothing. I immediately put my finger into a glass of cold, soothing ice. I think she was done with her drink.
( Click here for more flame-free photos.Collapse )